Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Special Surprise

Today is an exciting day. A good friend of mine is having a baby today! My thoughts have been with her and her family for most of the day as I await the happy call. She and her husband are dear friends of ours and their other two children are some of our kids' best buddies.

Of course, I am working on a quilt for the little one. I would have had it done by now, except we don't know if the baby is a boy or a girl yet... so I've been mainly working on the gender neutral blocks and waiting for the arrival to add some special, more gender specific colors to the quilt. I couldn't resist sewing up a couple today, though... we're so close to finding out :)

Which will it be??


A little Mister??


Or a little Miss?

Fabric is "Lilly and Will" by Bunny Hill Designs for Moda

In other (not nearly as exciting) news, my pinwheels are getting a little bit cleaner with practice!

Another fun project I'm currently finishing up is a couple of Easter Egg Bags for the two daughters of another friend of mine. She did a lot of the work for me by picking out fabric ahead of time, so all I'm doing is sewing them up :)

Here's the first one (for Little M):




Enjoy your afternoon!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented! Simply beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still working on my pinwheels, too. Those darn points!

    ReplyDelete