Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Finally, A Finish!

It's a perfect rainy morning (thus the indoor photos) to share my recently finished quilt. I've shared about this quilt here before, but I've finally found the time to finish it up. This quilt is a gift for a special new boy who was just born to a family that we're close friends with. I used a Lily and Will charm pack by Bunny Hill Designs. I sewed up some pinwheels and scattered them in with some great Kona solid squares and backed the quilt with a really cozy blue flannel. I stippled pretty closely over the entire thing and bound it with Kona solid in Tarragon. This was my first time using bias binding and overall, I like it. There were a few hiccups, but I think the process will go a bit more smoothly next time. The pics were taken before washing, so the finished product will be more crinkly and cozy :)



This is a close-up of the back - the color isn't very true in this photo (the shade of the backing is much closer to the peek of it in the first photo), but it was the only decent shot I was able to get of the quilting.

I'm linking up to Fabric Tuesday again, so head over there (via the button on my sidebar) and see all the great fabric projects being shared!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! The color combination is perfect, boyish and calming colors. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete